Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Mixed Media Sweater | McCall's 7195

I can't even tell you how long this project has been in the works lol So I'll just avoid that excuse and just get into it!

I made McCall's 7195 in View D. It's simple sweater, great for Fall or Winter, and great for me to use some of the remnants I've stored up over the years. I cut a size 12 and the only adjustment I made was to add a 1" swayback adjustment (which added a CB seam).


I used 3 different remnants for JoAnn Fabrics for this sweater. For the front body, I used a gold textured sweater knit that was acquired in June of 2015. A chiffon, for the sleeves, that was acquired in March of 2015. And for the back body I used a white Jersey that I got in August of 2014 o_O. It's really sad how many other remnants I have that have similar dates lol.



For the ribbing, I used a white ribbing that I got from the Garment District in NY. I can't remember the name of the store I got it at. I didn't have enough so the back him of the sweater is finished with jersey band instead of the ribbing.



Not much else to say. It's an interesting sweater that I think will be cute for the Christmas season and great for the transitional weather.


Talk to you soon!
xoxo,
Tasha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :-D
I read each one and I do my best to respond to each of them personally :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...